Friday, December 28, 2012

Sweet & Sour Sauce




Ingredients:
¼ cup vinegar
1/8 cup ketchup
1/8 c water
6 tablespoons sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple (including juice)
Chopped tomatoes

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Be careful it splatters. Thicken with a cornstarch dissolved in water, stir constantly until desired thickness so it doesn’t burn careful as it will splatter. Serve over pasta, meatballs or use as a dip. Enjoy!

Tips: I usually 4 times the recipe when I make it, that makes the sugar 2 cups and use only ¾ cup of vinegar or it’s too overpowering. Use a large can of crushed pineapple. Amount of cornstarch is equal to amount of water when mixing, I usually make more than I need, just adding a little at a time until it’s as thick as I want it. When using it to dip in I make it thicker than when I use it for a sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment